Short Curriculum Vitae
- Name: Vitaly V. Neustroev
- Date of birth: November 23, 1968
- Nationality: Ireland, Russia
- Marital Status: Married, with one child
- Ph.D. Astrophysics: Special Astrophysical Observatory (1999)
- B.S., M.S. in Astronomy: Kazan State University (1992)
- Oct 2010 – present: University of Oulu, Astronomy Division, University Researcher (Yliopistotutkija)
- Apr 2003 – Sep 2010: National University of Ireland, Galway, Centre for Astronomy, Research Scientist in Astrophysics
- Feb 1998 – Apr 2003: Udmurtia State University, Department of Astronomy and Mechanics, Assistant Professor (since Jun 2001; before – Lecturer)
- Nov 1992 – Nov 1997: Special Astrophysical Observatory, Laboratory of Relativistic Astrophysics, Junior Researcher
I have had the opportunity to teach classes at all educational levels, from primary schools to university. I taught parts of the Astronomy and Programming courses such as General astronomy and General astrophysics. I also taught on Higher Mathematics and Mathematical Methods of Modeling in Astrophysics.
- Observing Experience: I have extensive experience of participating in observations on large, medium and small telescopes. The observations carried out were long slit and echelle spectroscopy and photometry, which has given me a broad experience in observing and data reduction techniques.
- Data Analysis: I have extensive experience in image and spectra processing data from photon-counters and CCDs. I have reduced and analysed long slit and echelle spectrophotometry, and aperture photometry using various software packages like MIDAS, IRAF, Starlink, IDL and Origin.
- Computing Skills: Administrator-level experience with Unix and Windows. Programming with Fortran, MCL (MIDAS Command Language), Delphi, Pascal, Perl, C and HTML. Astronomy related software including MIDAS, IRAF, Starlink and IDL. Word processing using Latex and Microsoft Word for Windows. Numerical simulations, basic knowledge of “Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics” (SPH)