Special course: Astronomical data analysis with computers
an intermediate & advanced course (6 credits)
at the Astronomy research unit, University of Oulu
The course period January 30 – April 24, 2017
Lectures, exercises and practical sessions take place on Monday (14-18) in YL 124
The course is lectured in English
Teacher: Vitaly Neustroev, MA 302, ph. 029448-1930, vitaly[-at-]neustroev.net
The course is dedicated to teaching the reduction of various types of observations obtained with different telescopes and instruments, and to core methods of the following analysis of these data.
- My course “Observational Astrophysics and Data Analysis”
- Astrophysical techniques (5th Edition – 2008) – C.R. Kitchen: Taylor & Francis / CRC Press. ISBN 978-1-4200-8243-2.
- Observational Astrophysics (3rd Edition – 2012) – P. Léna, D. Rouan, F. Lebrun, F. Mignard, D. Pelat, Translated by S. Lyle: Springer. ISBN 978-3-642-21815-6.
- An Introduction to Astronomical Photometry Using CCDs (October 22, 2006) – W. Romanishin: the latest version of this book can be downloaded from here
- January 30: Introduction PDF